Saturday, January 24, 2015

ATLOS Animated Preliminaries

Every frame a drawing, roughs, weights, colors and shades. I took on this challenge with the intention of fine tuning my drawing senses. I was keenly aware of the lighting situations of certain areas and shots and how they would affect the rendering of the character. The 3D aspect was one of the major challenges I had to tackle due to the contiuous perspective change. There are so few "hand-drawn" frames that could be contained within a few miliseconds compared to the smoothness of 3D. All in all, this made for a wondrous drawing exercise.







Work Bot Iterations


Fleshing out the Main Character



Juice him up
Gaze away

















THIS HAND IS CRAMPING!!!


excluded shot, just one of many that'll never see the light of day

About " "

I am an artist enthused by the world of entertainment design and the possibilities of world building. And so I have created this blog to elaborate my process and intentions.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Thom The Salonga's Visual Portfolio